Terms and conditions of NJS Joinery Ltd
The following terms and conditions ('the conditions') are the terms on which NJS Joinery Ltd ('the company') sells products and/or provides a joinery service ('the goods') and supersedes all other terms and conditions relating to the subject matter of these conditions, apart from further or altered conditions specified in individual estimates or quotations:
1. Price and Payment
- The price for the goods ('the price') shall be the price stated on the quotation or estimate provided by NJS Joinery Ltd. NJS Joinery Ltd require a 50% deposit before starting any work.
- For a 'supply only' sale, i.e. where items are sold without installation at the customer's property, payment of the price shall be made by the customer upon collection of the goods from the workshop or upon delivery.
- For an 'installation' sale, i.e. where items are installed or work is carried out at the customer's property, payment of the price shall be made by the customer within 7 days of the date of the invoice.
- NJS Joinery Ltd understands and will exercise its statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if NJS Joinery Ltd are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
- Prices quoted are inclusive of Value Added Tax which is charged at the rate or rates applicable to the product at the date of estimate.
- Where estimates are based upon specification, drawings, quantities and other information provided by the customer, they will be subject to re-measurement and the final amount payable by the customer shall be based upon the re-measured quantities.
- NJS Joinery Ltd reserves the right to adjust quoted prices in the event of significant variations to quantities.
- NJS Joinery Ltd retains absolute discretion regarding quantities and dates of material deliveries. If for any reason the customer does not accept delivery of the goods on the day agreed they shall be liable for aborted transportation costs and/or arranged labour and warehouse handling costs and storage charges. NJS Joinery Ltd shall not be liable for any depreciation, deterioration or damages howsoever caused by delay in delivery by the customer and will invoice the goods and seek due payment.
- In the event of default in payment by the customer , NJS Joinery Ltd shall be entitled without prejudice to any other rights or remedies to suspend all further operations on the works under this or any other contract between the parties and to pursue the debt under the terms of the late payment of commercial debts.
2. Orders and Delivery
- The customer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods upon completion of the 'installation' work, or upon delivery or collection for a 'supply only' sale.
- NJS Joinery Ltd shall not be liable to the customer or be deemed to be in breach of the conditions by reason of any delay or failure in a 'supply only' sale or in "installation" work if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond NJS Joinery's reasonable control.
- All risk in the goods shall pass to the customer upon completion of the 'installation' work, or upon delivery or collection for a 'supply only' sale.
- Any cancellation of an order must be sent by the customer to NJS Joinery Ltd in writing. The customer is liable to be charged for any materials ordered or work completed for an order at the time of cancellation.
- Whilst NJS Joinery Ltd are pleased to undertake insurance work, this is only done on the understanding that the customer is responsible for paying NJS Joinery Ltd.'s invoice, not the insurance company. NJS Joinery Ltd is unable to deal with insurance companies direct.
3. Title to Goods
- NJS Joinery Ltd warrants that it has good title to the goods and that it will transfer title in the goods to the customer pursuant to clause 3.2.
- Notwithstanding delivery, title in the goods shall not pass to the customer until NJS Joinery Ltd has been paid in full for the goods. Nothing in this clause shall prevent NJS Joinery Ltd from raising an action against the customer for payment of the goods.
- The title of any unwanted items removed by NJS Joinery Ltd as debris or rubbish from the customers property transfers immediately to NJS Joinery Ltd.
Projects library - sign up